Varsity Tutors Review
About the Company
Established back in 2007, Varsity Tutors is an online learning platform that employs graduates across North America to be online tutors for school children, college students, and young professionals. With over 100k registered students across the USA, Varsity Tutors offers comprehensive programs that cover a wide range of subjects. Cover education levels from kindergarten through college and complete with CPA certification exam preparation. Visit the company’s website to find out if its services fit your needs or that of your child.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Varsity Tutors
- Offers large group classes and 1-on-1 private tutoring
- Summer camps and extracurricular for children.
- Free courses and learning resources for self-education.
- Employs only carefully vetted and experienced tutors.
- Tutoring for all ages.
- Teaching plans are tailored to each student.
- Corporate tutoring plans are available.
- Requires strong internet connection.
- Advanced classes and courses cost extra.
Benefits of Varsity Tutors
- Convenience. Varsity Tutors offers a professional online platform that enables users to schedule tutoring sessions and attend lectures with smaller or larger groups both online and in-person.
- Affordability. With its wide array of courses and tutors, Varsity Tutors is a platform that offers tutoring opportunities for as low as $25 per hour. Overall, the pricing plans are below average and affordable for most people.
- Professionalism. Varsity Tutors is a company committed to connecting skillful tutors with ambitious students capable of delivering an outstanding experience. The platform offers a comprehensive satisfaction guarantee with the option of switching tutors and having a money-back guarantee.
- Variety. Varsity Tutors employs over 40k vetted and skilled tutors and covers over 3,000 subjects for all ages.
- Responsive. The response time of Varsity Tutors is swift and to the point. Their team responds not only to direct inquiries but also to reviews and comments on other websites.
What does Varsity Tutors offer?
With expertise in over 3,000 subjects, Varsity Tutors has a very deep and wide selection of courses for all ages and requirements. The company employs top-tier instructors and tutors to ensure its comprehensive satisfaction guarantee to customers. Here are the fundamental solutions that one can come to expect from this company:
- 1-on-1 Private Tutoring. Completely personalized and very convenient, the 1-on-1 tutoring approach has proven to be highly efficient and adaptive to the unique needs of each student.
- Online Tutoring. Varsity Tutors offers individual and group online tutoring plans for students of all ages, with an endless selection of courses and exam preparation programs.
- Instant Tutoring. The tutors are available 24/7, always available to offer online assistance with homework and questions. The instant tutoring option can be accessed via phone, tablet, or PC.
- Classes. Varsity Tutors offers interactive, live online classes taught by highly qualified instructors. Choose from over 800 different classes and courses for all ages.
- Summer Camps. Varsity Tutors offers a carefully thought-out and planned summer camp curriculum for children aged 5-13.
- Self Study. For those looking to take matters into their own hands, Varsity Tutors offers a deep pool of free tools and resources to help students learn at a pace that works for them.
- Schools. With over 150 school district partners, this platform is made available to students across the USA to assist them with the everyday curriculum in their schools.
Additional Info About Varsity Tutors
The tutors and instructors
Varsity Tutors has a database of over 40k certified teaching experts. All online tutors and instructors go through our rigorous vetting process and only a tiny fraction who apply ultimately make it through. Facilitating outstanding instruction is at the forefront of our work and this requires incredible tutors. Varsity Tutors pairs students with the best tutor in the U.S. for their particular needs, choosing from thousands of nationwide tutors.
Varsity Tutors offers an array of services at various prices. Its free offerings include large-group classes and self-study groups. Some of its advanced resources, such as the School@Home replacement program, cost between $400 and $1,300 per month, depending on your child’s age and needs. Prices for the School@Home supplemental program range from $500 to $600 per month.
If your K-12 child needs one-on-one tutoring, expect to pay $50 per hour. Varsity Tutors also offers tutoring for exam prep, such as CPA certification, which starts at $31 per hour. Smaller group classes start at $25 per hour.
How it works
Contact Our Team
Connect with a Tutor
Expand Your Knowledge
Students complete an adaptive assessment to identify their needs, strengths and weaknesses, then Varsity Tutors develops a learning plan based on the results, matching students with the best classes and experts for their needs. You can also browse by subject or collection (e.g., STEM Success, Afterschool Brain Builders and Creativity Club).
Varsity’s one-on-one tutoring services are fully customized and personalized. School@Home can supplement or replace in-person instruction, depending on the student’s needs. School@Home families can also form learning pods to connect students for group activities and social time.
Varsity Tutors works as a 24/7 on-demand service that offers swift access to vetted and certified U.S. tutors and instructors. Students can access services by phone, online, or through smartphone video chat. Since Varsity Tutors operates in most major cities in the USA, students can also arrange in-person tutoring sessions at additional charges.
I can’t even express the satisfaction i have using varsity tutors. from day one they’ve had amazing customer service which is really rare these days. then when i finally let my tutor he ensured i wasn’t embarrassed by my knowledge of his native tongue. nor did he make me feel ashamed for my basic reason of wanting to learn korean. it’s been such an amazing experience and it’s something i always look forward to at the end of my week.
Parents came upon varsity tutors through a university and decided to try it out for high school chemistry. Tutor did a FANTASTIC job with explaining each unit and individual struggles. we started in the middle of the school year with a solid C and now a solid B. I personally have been able to help classmates with the new information I was able to learn during my sessions and helped bring up the test averages. I'm finishing my junior year with over a 4.0 GPA thanks to my tutor!!
I have had three tutors from Varsity Tutors that have tutored my 2 sons. All three tutors were excellent. They helped my kids very much in learning and understanding their schoolwork, and they were very friendly and skilled at working with children. I also have found the customer service representatives to be very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. Overall, I have found this to be an excellent service.
With its many satisfaction guarantees, it’s clear Varsity Tutors prioritizes its customers’ educational improvement. Its educators are experienced and knowledgeable in their fields, and students can choose from hundreds of subjects in flexible formats. Though Varsity doesn’t provide free large-group classes for college and adult students, it offers numerous free and dependable learning resources for K-12 and other learners.