About The Company
Candid is an invisible braces company that provides orthodontist-directed clear aligner treatment at reasonable rates to patients in need of swift and effective dental alignment. They have a nationwide network of branches in 45 locations around the USA, but they also offer a complete online treatment. Unlike other at-home teeth straightening companies, Candid takes pride in working with dental orthodontists exclusively, not general dentists. And these experts are trained to see the bigger picture, such as the way the neck and jaw, bones and muscles of your face, come together. Or the long-term impact that variations in tooth position will have on the formations around them and the angle of your bite.
Candid aligners are stain-resistant, durable, BPA- and phthalate-free. Their comprehensive offer includes whitening foam, gentle enough to use throughout the day and night. Through their monitoring system, the orthodontist who designs and prescribes treatment plans for the patients will track their progress with scans they take from their phone. The treatment includes check-ins every two weeks, which you can attend from the comfort of your own home.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Candid
- Specialized orthodontist treatments
- 3D-printed and BPA-free plastic aligners
- ScanBox device sent to your address
- Fast results and progress monitoring
- At-home treatment
- Affordable, comfortable, and easy-to-use aligners
- Integrates Philips Zoom whitening into its treatment
- Accepts dental insurance through HSA/FSA
- Donates $25 to Smile Train for every aligner kit sold
- Photos need to be very precise and can be time-consuming
- Branches only in major metropolitan areas
- Mild discomfort after weekly braces change
Benefits of Candid:
- Comfort. If you don’t want to, you don’t need to attend any appointments, because the entire treatment can be performed online. Once you receive Candid’s starter kit, you can start the process from the comfort of your own home.
- Care. Their support team will work around your schedule if you have questions or concerns.
- Innovation. Candid offers #1 patient-requested whitening treatment – Philips Zoom. Clients get personalized, professional-grade whitening treatment delivered to their front door.
- Affordability. Candid offers the possibility of applying for a plan that fits your budget and suits your needs.
- Experience. Candid doctors are all orthodontists – specialists in tooth movement, and they have 20 years of experience on average. They are experts in clear aligner treatment, well-trained in cutting-edge remote care.
What does Candid offer?
When you buy Candid clear aligners online, you are getting more than just pieces of plastic. The clear aligners you receive are tailor-made to fit your teeth according to the 3D impressions you sent to Candid or get at one of their studios, for free. They take the diagnostic process very seriously. While some at-home aligner companies ask for only 3 photos of your face and teeth, this company requires 8, according to the American Board of Orthodontics standard of care. Also, they use high-quality intraoral digital scans or PVS impressions. Plus, they ask for more information about your medical and dental history than many other companies do.
There is always a prescribing doctor on the other end who supports you during your treatment. And not just any dentist – you will be dealing with an orthodontist. Specialists in the prevention, diagnosis and correction of irregular alignments of the teeth and jaws will be at your disposal.
Candid team focuses on safety. Unlike their competitors, their specialists would never align just the “social six” or your top or bottom teeth alone and risk ruining your bite. While other companies advertise speed, this one is careful to only move your teeth at a pace compatible with your bone biology. Although Candid is all about meeting your expectations, it doesn’t mean they cut corners. The length of the plan depends on clients’ teeth condition and specific needs, and most of their customers complete treatment in an average of six months.
The customer support team sends text and email reminders whenever it is time for you to move on to your next aligner. Thus, you never need to keep track of the timing yourself, and before long, your treatment had flown by. Every person you encounter during the process of treatment, from the support team to the orthodontist, is professional and friendly. They make you feel you are in good hands during what can be a nerve-wracking process.
At Candid, a patent-pending treatment code was designed for teledentistry. It completely eliminates the need for IPR (the practice of filing down your teeth to create room for movement between steps) or interproximal reduction. Additionally, it radically reduces the need for post-treatment refinements.
If you want to save money on treatment, Candid can help. Clients’ insurance can make treatment cheaper, whether you are inside the network or out of it. Maybe you have HSA/FSA. Their support team will help you figure it all out.
Additional Company Info
Currently, Candid is the only invisible braces company that works exclusively with orthodontists and no dentists. Moving teeth is not just an aesthetic procedure. Aligning teeth is much more complex than just moving things around, and you need an expert by your side. Otherwise, they could do more harm than good, and you could end up messing up your byte.
The price of treatment covers your entire set of clear aligners and remote monitoring. In case you can’t afford to pay for the entire treatment right away, you can always opt for a payment plan. You can pay as low as $65/month with $199 down for 36 months, or $0 down and 0% APR. Moreover, you can use your HSA/FSA debit card or save on average $1000 with insurance.
- The impression kit — costs $95 and you can order it online with free shipping. Keep in mind that they sometimes offer discounts on these kits – up to 50% off.
- A new set of retainers — you use them after treatment, and their job is to keep your teeth straight and maintain good results. They cost $99 and you will need to replace them every six months to a year.
- Philips Zoom whitening treatment — before you start with your treatment, Candid offers you the option to use Philips Zoom whitening. At Candid, this treatment costs $299, which is up to 30% less than anywhere else.
Dental insurance policies often cover orthodontic treatment for adults, and that may include Candid aligners. Although coverage varies tremendously, many plans compensate 50 percent of the treatment cost, so you can save up to $1,000. If your insurance covers it, you can pay as low as $950 out-of-pocket for your clear aligners.
How it works
Place Your Order
Follow Treatment Guidelines
Enjoy Your Perfect Smile
How it works
Candid offers the possibility of visiting one of their studio locations to get a free scan of your teeth, or you can start the treatment from home with a starter kit. Most importantly, when you purchase their impression kit or undergo a scan, you don’t have to proceed with aligners. In case you are not a candidate for Candid aligners or you change your mind about the treatment, the company will refund the fee.
If you opt for an at-home impression kit, try to follow the instructions very thoroughly. With at-home kits, there is a higher risk of making mistakes. Often happens that patients need to retake photos and impressions multiple times. For this reason, consider visiting a Candid Studio if you have one near you.
However, if at-home clear aligners treatments suit you better, you should follow a few simple steps. The entire process takes about 30 minutes.
- Once you receive the Candid starter kit box, open it
- Find the card labeled ‘1’ to access the tutorial videos
- Log in to your Candid Portal
- Take photos using the smile stretcher and submit them afterward
- Take your teeth impressions and submit them too
- Within three days of receiving the kit, you should send the impressions back using the prepaid package
- If you are a candidate for Candid and your photos and impressions are approved, you will receive a treatment specialized for you within three weeks
- Also, you have the option to approve or deny treatment before you accept the plan
The monitoring of your treatment goes through the CandidApp – one of the top-rated teledentistry apps in the App Store (4.9/5 stars). This app allows you to connect to the virtual orthodontist on the other side at any time. If your progress is not good enough, the orthodontist will provide you with an image of your teeth highlighting the issues and how to get your treatment back on track. Aside from teeth scans, and communication with orthodontists, customers use this app to ask the 7/365 customer support team any questions they may have.
I have been using Candid now for 3 months and I absolutely love it. At my consultation appointment, the staff was so friendly, the space was clean, and the process was simple yet impressive. I received a great promotion, and my aligners arrived two weeks later. I used the whitening system first with great results. Whereas Invisalign patients only see their doctor once a month or else, every two weeks I take scans from home and receive personalized comments/direction from my Orthodontist. On the app, you can see your progress as it merges your scan photos to show how your teeth are moving. The aligners are easy to wear, and I only experience mild discomfort the first 3 days wearing a new tray. I am so impressed with Candid and happy in my decision to use their product/service.
So far, I’m enjoying my experience. The people that I met on my first meeting were very nice and professional. I prepared myself with over-the-counter painkillers, a variety of instant flossers and mini toothbrushes, but have had to use only the over-the-counter painkillers. I use the over-the-counter painkillers every time I start a new set of aligners. I usually only need them for about a day and a half. I do start them at night, so I don’t have to be aware of the initial movement of my teeth. This was a good strategy. The movement of my teeth from aligner to aligner is so subtle that I look forward to switching to my next levels.
This company fabricates aligners in Silicon Valley. All aligners are made of Zendura FLX, a tri-layer material that provides an amazing mixture of force and comfort. Since they are resistant, BPA- and phthalate-free, they are perfectly safe and almost impossible to break. A gentle whitening foam that is included in every purchase freshens your breath, disinfects the aligners, and whitens your aligners and teeth.
Candid treatment and monitoring offer a lot of reassurance to customers. Before you get into it, keep in mind that you have to commit to your treatment by wearing the aligners 22 hours a day. You will be sending scans of your teeth every two weeks and getting feedback accordingly. However, if you are not satisfied with your outcome at the end of the process, Candid will continue your treatment. All you need to do is notify the company of your concerns, within a month of completing treatment. Hence, if you are ready to commit, chances are that Candid will change your view of online healthcare and meet your expectations.