Teen Counseling Review
About the company
Teen Counseling is a network of accredited, licensed, and experienced therapists that can help both parents and children with a variety of issues such as depression, relationships, trauma, bullying, anxiety, and more. The company prides itself on its professional service and offers unrivaled communication options. You can attend the session through a computer, tablet, or even a smartphone. These professionals can help you develop coping skills, as well as provide resources to help in times when you or your child need guidance or support.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Teen Counseling
- Experienced, accredited psychologists with a PhD/PsyD
- Ability to schedule a session from the safety of your home
- More affordable than traditional therapy sessions
- Accessible for disabled users
- Easy to set up meetings with parent and child
- Over 9,700 therapists
- Not suitable for crisis situations
- Not a substitute for face-to-face therapy
- The company does not provide medical insurance claims
- Affordability. Teen Counseling utilizes a flat membership fee for their services. That fee includes both the use of the platform and therapy for parents and children. Their services are much more affordable than traditional face-to-face sessions. You can expect to pay less than half of what you would pay for traditional therapy sessions.
- Ability to choose the right therapist for you or your child. With almost 10,000 certified professionals in their network, you will be able to choose the perfect therapist for you and your child. While it is not the company’s policy to change the therapists once the sessions start, you can always request another professional if you are unsatisfied.
- Easy to schedule and organize. You will be able to attend to the sessions from the safety of your home, or in any other location you deem suitable. This provides you with unrivaled flexibility to organize your sessions as you see fit.
- Great communication options. Therapy sessions are conducted via several communication methods. You can opt for messaging, live chat sessions, live phone sessions, as well as live video sessions. For live sessions with your therapist, you will need to schedule the time and date with your therapist of choice. The company provides an extensive FAQ on their website, explaining what you will need to do in order to connect to their services.
Services that Teen Counseling offers
- Messaging sessions. Features a dedicated “room”, which is fully private and secure, to communicate with the therapist. There will be two separate rooms in case of parent and teen counseling, where it is possible to exchange messages with the therapist at any time. The room stays open 24/7. As the communication does not proceed in real-time, there is no need for scheduling. You simply message and respond whenever you feel like it. A great solution for those of us that simply can’t commit to a scheduled time.
- Live chat sessions. Like messaging sessions, but in real-time. This service offers a way to get instant feedback from your therapist. The service offers a great way for you to communicate by taking your time to think and respond, without any pressures that actual live interaction might bring. You do need to schedule the time with your therapist, however.
- Live phone sessions. This service offers a convenient way to communicate with your therapist by simply using a landline or a cell phone. It works by you scheduling a time with the therapist and logging into the appointed therapy room at that time. You get a prompt to start the session, and the system asks for your phone number. You then get a call and connect to the therapist. Of course, your phone is not shared with the therapist at any point.
- Live video sessions. If you prefer an experience similar to face-to-face therapy sessions, this service offers the next best thing. The same process applies as with live phone sessions, but you will immediately connect with your therapist over a video call. Make sure to visit their website for further directions and supported hardware/software.
The cost of membership with Teen Counseling is between $60 and $90 per week, depending on your preferences. When you compare it to traditional face-to-face therapy that costs anywhere between $150 to $250 per single session, you will realize that there’s great savings potential. Their clients are billed every 4 weeks, and the membership includes chats, messaging, video, and phone sessions.
Depending on your particular needs, you can save a lot of money by utilizing the services that Teen Counseling offers. Aside from the therapy sessions themselves, you will have access to various resources on the platform, as well.
However, the company does not submit any claims to health insurers such as Medicare and Medicaid. If you plan on using your health insurance plans, make sure that you check whether they cover services that Teen Counseling offers.
How it works
Get in touch
Schedule your session
Get the most out of your session
To start with, you will need to answer a few questions that will allow the experts at Teen Counseling to match you with an ideal specialist. You then have a range of options to schedule your sessions, from messaging to live video calls. Everything is fully confidential, of course, unless the therapist deems that there is a serious risk involved.
In case of teen counseling, this involves seriously contemplating severe bodily harm to self or someone else, as well as any case of abuse or neglect towards teens and elderly persons. In these situations, the therapists are obligated to share that kind of information.
Aside from the therapists themselves, the entire team of Teen Counseling is fully dedicated to their client’s success. They will check in with you periodically to ensure that you get the most out of your therapy sessions.
The company offers full customer support to all their clients by providing all the necessary resources that they may need for effective therapy sessions. Their staff will help you solve any issues you might have in setting up the sessions and will check in with you frequently to see how you are doing. Their staff is always polite, courteous, and really takes an interest in their clients’ wellbeing.
I highly recommend this therapist she has helped me realize things I have been trying to figure out for a very long time and is very kind and easy to talk to
My son really loves talking with Amy. We have noticed positive change in his disposition and in his interactions with family. 20/10 would recommend Amy.
Teen Counseling is a an online platform that offers online therapy sessions for teens. They deal with issues such as depression, anxiety and trauma and are able to provide professional assistance to parents who seek counseling for their children. Therapists who work for Teen Counseling are experienced and available for therapy sessions at a scheduled time, from the comfort of your home. You can contact them directly via email on email@example.com or through the website contact form. For additional information you can look up their FAQ pages.