Pride Counseling Review
About the company
Pride Counseling hosts a network of experienced, licensed, and accredited therapists that can help LGBTQ individuals with a variety of mental issues. You can expect professional service and great communication options. This company offers sessions through a computer, smartphone, or even a tablet. You will also have access to various resources that can help you manage your mental help problems, as well as a support service team that can answer your questions.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Pride Counseling
- Easy to set up therapy sessions
- Specialized, accredited, LGBTQ counselors
- More affordable than face-to-face sessions
- Options to schedule sessions from the comfort of your home
- Accepting of all genders, orientations, and identities
- Extremely accessible
- Possibility of acquiring an HRT recommendation
- Completely anonymous until you start therapy sessions
- Is not a substitute for traditional therapy sessions
- No insurance coverage in most cases
- Not usable in crisis situations
- Reliance on internet connection
- Choose the right therapist for your situation. Pride Counseling works with hundreds of different specialists, enabling you to choose the perfect professional for your sessions. The company also offers a choice to change therapists between sessions if you are unsatisfied in any way.
- Great affordability. The services that Pride Counseling offers are a lot cheaper than traditional, face-to-face, therapy sessions. The company utilizes a flat monthly service fee, which you can cancel whenever you wish. Overall, you can expect to pay less than half the cost of traditional sessions.
- Communication is easy. The company offers several ways of communicating with your therapist. You can choose between live chat sessions, messaging, live video sessions, as well as live sessions over the phone. Messaging sessions are not conducted in real time and can provide you with an easy way to organize your time. As for live sessions, you will need to schedule them ahead of time with your therapist. Their support team will also help you set up these sessions and walk you through the process.
- Extremely comfortable. The ability to attend the sessions from the safety of your home, or an otherwise safe location is one of the greatest appeals of Pride Counseling. You will have the flexibility to organize the sessions without needing to juggle your schedule.
Pride Counseling services
- Live video sessions. For those that prefer an approach similar to traditional therapy sessions, the company offers sessions that will have you connect to your therapist over a video call. You will need to arrange the time and date with your therapist, after which you simply log in to the system and get a video call prompt. And if you are unfamiliar with the video software, you can visit the company’s website where you can get all the information.
- Messaging sessions. This option features a dedicated, fully private, messaging room to serve as the medium for communication with your therapist. The room does not close, and you can send and receive messages throughout the day, 24/7. The messaging service also does not require any scheduling, as the communication is not happening in real time. You send a message whenever is convenient for you, and your therapist will answer. It is the best solution if you have a hectic schedule and can’t commit to a particular time and date.
- Live chat sessions. Similar to messaging sessions, but the communication occurs in real time. The benefit of this option is that you get instant response from your therapist. You can take your time to think about everything you want to say, again like messaging experience. However, you do need to schedule the session with your therapist.
- Live phone sessions. If you prefer to use your phone for communication, live phone sessions might be the best option for you. You can use any phone, either a landline or your cell phone. You just need to schedule the time with your therapist and log into the therapy room at that time. Then, you get a session prompt, and the system asks for your phone number. At that point, you get a call, and the session starts. The phone number is not shared with your therapist at any point of the process.
Pride Counseling offers membership plans as low as $60 per week, ranging up to $90 per week, depending on your preferences and requirements. Compared to the cost of traditional sessions, that run around $200 for a single session, the company offers great value for the money. Clients are billed every 4 weeks and the membership includes access to all of their services.
Aside from the sessions, Pride Counseling members have access to various resources to help them deal with their mental issues, as well as a dedicated support team that will answer their questions. While this service is not suited for every single issue, and does not replace face-to-face sessions, it is quite possible to get a similar (if not the same) effect in many situations. At a fraction of the price!
The only “problem” that you may encounter is that most insurance companies will not cover this service type. It is possible that some insurance providers will cover some of the services, but most will not. This is something that you need to consider when making your decision. Check with your insurance provider whether (and how) they deal with these particular services.
How it works
Contact Pride Counseling
Fill in a questionnaire
Get the best of your session
To start with, you will need to fill a simple questionnaire. This allows Pride Counseling to match you with the best specialist for your issues. After that, you will have numerous options to schedule the sessions over the internet or over the phone. Every form of communication is fully confidential, of course.
The company will do its best to match you with a professional that specializes in the type of issues you are having problems with, but you will have an option of changing the therapist mid-way. It is entirely possible that you are simply not happy with your therapist, which is why Pride Counseling allows you the option to elect to be matched to a different one.
The company also offers “mundane” customer support to complement their therapists. Pride Counseling’s staff can help you overcome any non-health-related issues and will even check in with you from time to time to see how everything is going. Unless you don’t want them to, of course. You can expect the employees of Pride Counseling to be courteous, polite, and to take interest in your wellbeing.
Over all a great service. Although, there is room for improvement when it comes to response time from customer service when people are in need of assistance.
I like everything about it they are very helpful and supportive. I would for sure reccomend them to family and friends. DO
Pride Counseling is an online counseling and therapy provider that focuses on providing services to the LGBT community. The therapists who work with Pride Counseling are skilled and knowledgeable, specializing in LGBT issues. Though the platform specializes in providing counseling to LGBT community, anyone can seek help. You can contact them via email at email@example.com or through the website contact form stating your question or concern.