About the Company
Founded in 2006, HealthSapiens is an NYC-based online healthcare platform that connects patients with medical professionals. The medicine ranges from modern healthcare to traditional and alternative medicine. Doctors and therapists are available at all times, offering 24/7 medical support and guidance. The platform covers all 50 states via internet-connected devices and phones, and the platform charges a flat-rate monthly fee and no co-pay or per-visit fees.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- 24/7 availability to healthcare
- Accessible from anywhere
- Covers all 50 US states
- No co-pay and per-visit charges
- Licensed medical professionals
- Low monthly payment plans
- Affordable family plans
- Confidential & private
- Requires strong internet connection.
- Does not accept insurance.
- Therapists are automatically assigned.
Benefits of HealthSapiens
- Availability. A human-operated customer support team is available 24/7 to answer all queries via phone or email.
- Convenience. HealthSapiens offers users the ability to receive healthcare consultations from the comfort of their homes or anywhere in the world where they have a strong Internet connection.
- Affordability. The services at HealthSapiens are based on monthly subscription plans and they start at $20-$25 for individual and $35 for family telemedical plans (you + 5 family members) and at $49.25 for individual telehealth counseling plans.
- Professionalism. HealthSapiens’ healthcare providers are US-based, master-level physicians and counselors that have years of experience in treating a wide range of acute symptoms and mental conditions, with the ability to issue prescriptions and create therapy plans.
- Personalized approach. The platform offers regular medical plans as well as mental health counseling plans, assigning physicians and therapists that cater to the unique needs of each user. Mental health plans are available for individuals and businesses.
- Dedication. HealthSapiens doctors will continue to administer treatment until your issue is resolved while you are a subscriber. Your Electronic Health Record is updated, reviewed, and securely-stored for efficient access and convenient export. This is a major benefit since most telehealth services won’t include follow-up or continuous care.
What does HealthSapiens offer?
There are two types of services offered by HealthSapiens, with one of those being access to medical care. Eliminating waiting rooms full of sick people, and the expense that comes along with every visit, HealthSapiens upholds the same rigorous standards of care whilst also making it a more enjoyable experience for you.
- HealthSapiens Medical Plan. Covers but is not limited to helping users with acute symptoms such as Allergies, Bronchitis, Cold, Cough, Diarrhea, Ear Ache, Eye Infection, Fever, Flu / Influenza, Headache, Pneumonia, Rash / Skin Infection, Sinus Infection, Small Wound, Stomach Ache, Upper Respiratory Infection, Vomiting, Yeast Infection
- HealthSapiens Counseling Plan. Covers but is not limited to helping users with conditions such as: Anxiety, Bulimia, Depression, Grieving/Loss of a Loved One, Insomnia/Trouble Sleeping, Mood Disorders, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Relationship Issues, Stress, Substance Abuse, and Teen/Parenting Issues
While you may be cautious of providing your personal medical information over the internet, the HealthSapiens network is extremely secure and everything is 100% private and confidential. This allows your medical provider to update your health records from their computer, and still maintain your privacy.
Members can choose one of the options below or a combination to interact with therapists:
Additional Info About HealthSapiens
The medical practitioners
HealthSapiens’ mental healthcare providers are US-based, Master-level physicians, counselors, and psychologists with years of experience in dealing with acute symptoms and a variety of physical and mental conditions. All are licensed US doctors/therapists with Master’s or Ph.D. degrees in their fields and have at least three years and 2,000 hours of hands-on medical experience. HealthSapiens has over 3,000 licensed doctors, counselors, and therapists in 50 states who specialize in the user’s unique challenge.
Unlike the typical per-visit pricing plan that most telemedicine companies practice, HealthSapiens offers an affordable flat-rate montly subscription plan. Pricing plans include 24/7 access to professional medical support, unlimited visits to doctors and regular sessions with a therapist. Basically, you can make an appointment every day of the month if you want to, and you’ll still only pay the single flat fee for that month. However, if you take advantage of their 7-day trial, you can try the Individual Plan risk-free before committing.
How it works
Create an Account
Connect with a Doctor
Get Your Treatment/Therapy
The process begins by signing up with one of their plan options, covering everything from physical health to mental health. Your plan will include a monthly subscription fee which you will pay, and that covers all of your care with no extra charges. Each time you see a professional, there is no co-pay or amount due, and instead it is all taken care of by the subscription.
With a HealthSapiens Medical Plan subscription, you are able to speak to a doctor as many times as necessary. Whether you’re at home on your laptop, or on a beach with your phone, you will be able to reach someone if you need to. Not only can doctors assess your symptoms and provide a diagnosis and treatment plan, but they can also prescribe medications and send those prescriptions directly to your nearest pharmacy.
In addition to their medical plan, HealthSapiens also offers users access to mental health professionals such as counselors, therapists, and other mental health providers. Working in a similar fashion to their medical plan, all you need to do is sign up with their monthly plan and you will then be assigned your own therapist who will work directly with you on a variety of issues.
There is no bouncing around from person to person, and you will get the same therapist for every single clinical visit. Together you can work out the perfect schedule that works for both of you, allowing for you to have a set time and day every week in which you meet. Again, everything is done from an internet enabled device, and you can connect from anywhere.
HealthSapiens works as a 24/7 on-demand service that offers swift access to licensed US medical practitioners. Patients can access services by phone, online, or through smartphone video chat. The company doesn’t provide a mobile app, which may be a drawback for some patients. However, doctors, therapists, and councilors are available even on nights and weekends. All that customers need is a strong Internet connection.
This platform proved to be a savior in this drastic wave of COVID-19. Definitely recommended.
Healthsapiens proved their worth when me and my wife were both jobless and getting through a very hard time. The counselors were well talented to get us through that thin time. I also want to add about the prices as they have very affordable prices for the complex therapies they provide. Thank you healthsapiens.
Voted “Best Subscription Service for Online Doctors” by Consumers Advocate, HealthSapiens is definitely among the finer telemedicine platforms available today. With its affordable flat-rate monthly plans and 24/7 availability, this is a company that can cater to the needs of customers. Whether you’re lacking insurance or are tired of co-pays each time you go in to visit a doctor or therapist, HealthSapiens will change your view of online healthcare. With phone and video chat capabilities, HealthSapiens makes getting the healthcare you need easy, convenient, and affordable for everyone.