Faithful Counseling Review
About the company
Faithful Counseling offers therapy sessions with professionally licensed, readily accessible, and spiritually informed therapists online. Their principles lie in the belief that the goal of therapy is increasing psychological and spiritual completeness. At the same time, they believe that to achieve such wholeness, one must be in an appropriate environment.
Their services are specifically designed for those seeking mental health counseling but prefer to receive it from a practicing Christian. Also, they understand that each individual is unique and requires a different approach. They strive to incorporate spiritual practices into the process of therapy in a way that suits each individual’s preference.
Therapists at Faithful Counseling combine their clinical expertise and Biblical knowledge to create a unique way to invite God into the conversation while devising a plan to address the challenges each client is experiencing. Using a holistic approach, they endeavor to improve clients’ mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
Advantages and disadvantages
- How much you will involve religion in your therapy process is up to you
- Practitioners of different religions and non-believer are welcome
- There is a one-week trial period, free of charge
- You will be assigned to a therapist before you receive a payment request
- You will get a therapist within 24 hours upon application and the assurance that you will be a good fit
- If you can’t afford therapy, they will offer you financial assistance
- Available live chats, audio, and video sessions, and messaging services
- Straightforward sign-up system
- Free educational seminars on various topics
- More affordable rates than face-to-face therapy
- It may take a while for therapists to respond
- The level of Christian teachings and your request may not always match
- During the sign-up process, you have no option of communicating with a human
- Affordability. Faithful Counseling offers therapy sessions at much more affordable rates than traditional face-to-face therapy.
- Professionalism. Their counselors are licensed and experienced and aim to provide assistance tailored to each person individually. They possess the knowledge and skill that enable them to handle various issues from a Biblical perspective. In addition, they have counselors who specialize in treating specific problems, such as anxiety, depression, relationship problems, parenting issues, addiction, eating disorders, sleep disorders, stress, trauma, family conflict, religion, anger, grief, self-esteem, and LGBTQ issues.
- Convenience. Online counseling proves to be an effective and convenient way to interact with your therapist. Also, if you prefer text-based communication, you have an option to do so.
- Anonymity. They will never ask for your full name. Upon sign-up, you can pick a nickname. They will collect your contact information that will be kept safe and used only if your therapist believes you or someone in your surroundings is in danger.
- Ease of use. After you get your counselor, you will receive an email with a link to a private chatroom. This is where you will send messages to your counselor and where they will respond. Whenever your therapist replies, you will receive a notification. Also, if you opt for live chat or video sessions, you will receive detailed instructions on how to do it.
Live chat sessions
Sometimes, you may wish to have live, text-based communication with your therapist. Live chat sessions will allow you to enjoy all the benefits in terms of privacy and convenience and get the added advantage of real-time interaction and instant responses.
Live chat sessions require scheduling. So, once you arrange the time with your therapist, log in to your account and start chatting.
Live phone sessions
Similar to a live chat session, you can schedule a phone session with your therapist. You can use your landline or cell phone.
Once you schedule the session, log in to your account and enter your chatroom. Your therapist will start a phone session, and the system will request your phone number. Then, you will receive a phone call to that number and connect with your therapist. Of course, the therapist will not see the number you gave.
Live video sessions
Another option you have is a video session with your therapist via a virtual face-to-face platform similar to Skype. Like with the phone call, all you need to do is log in to your private chatroom at an agreed time, and your therapist will prompt you to begin a video session. Once you confirm, the session will commence.
Details about therapists
All of our counselors belong to the Betterhelp platform. They are all licensed psychotherapists, and they are either psychologists, licensed professional counselors, clinical social workers, or marriage and family therapists. Moreover, all of the therapists at Faithful Counseling have a master’s or doctorate degree. Finally, each therapist has been trained and certified by the professional board in their state, and they have a minimum of three years and a thousand hours of experience working with clients.
Faithful Counseling functions on a monthly subscription basis, and the cost will depend on the subscription plan you can choose. The cost of therapy ranges from $60 to $90 weekly, billed every month. The prices are based on your location, therapist availability, and your preferences. And you can cancel your membership any time you decide for any possible reason.
The price includes unlimited texting with your therapist (whenever you see that your therapist is marked as available). Moreover, you have an option of phone or video calls.
Although health insurance plans do not typically cover our services, we offer financial help to anyone who cannot afford therapy. There is a button you can click on to request financial aid. Once you do, you will get a questionnaire concerning your income. If you qualify, we will offer you treatment at a discounted rate.
How it works
Get matched with a therapist.
Get a link to a private chatroom.
Once you sign up and we match you with your therapist, we will send you a link to a private chatroom where you can communicate. It is a private and secure place where you can write about yourself, share what is happening in your life, ask questions, and discuss whatever is troubling you. Then, your counselor with respond with additional questions, guidance, insights, and feedback.
There is no need for scheduling, so you can exchange messages with your counselor any time, from anywhere, and using any device connected to the Internet. Every time you receive a message from your therapist, you will get a notification on your email.
I feel like Jan is going to help my marriage greatly. I love her approach and how easy she is to talk to. Her personally is infectious and she makes me feel comfortable.
If you need counseling from a Christian perspective, Faithful Counseling is the right place. It is affordable and convenient, and the counseling is provided by licensed therapists who integrate faith and spirituality into their clinical practices. You can opt for live chats, video sessions, phone sessions, and messaging services. Finally, you can log in to your account using any device with an Internet connection from wherever you are.