Community Tax Review
About the company
Community Tax is a professional tax company based in Chicago, IL that provides a variety of tax relief and management services in all 50 states. It was founded in 2010 and has had over 100.000 clients in the decade since. The company works with both private individuals and businesses to resolve state and federal tax debt, prepare tax returns, and handle accounting and payroll services. With more than 130 CPAs, tax lawyers, and enrolled agents licensed by the U.S. Department of Treasury, Community Tax is a highly accredited business with the expertise and experience to handle all kinds of tax issues.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Community Tax
- A comprehensive range of services covers all bases
- Services available in all 50 states
- Free consultation with no time or topic limitations
- A licensed and accredited agent assigned to each case
- Various channels of communication available
- Highly professional staff
- Spanish-speaking agents available upon request
- Educational resources included in the service
- Limited pricing information on the website
- Investigation fees at the higher end of the price spectrum
- Limited refund options
- Minimum debt requirement of $3,000
- Availability of agents may vary depending on the season
- Diverse services. Community Tax is more than just a tax resolution company. In addition to debt relief, the company works with tax preparation, tax planning, tax filing, accounting, bookkeeping, and monitoring to offer a complete all-in-one solution.
- Knowledgeable staff. Community Tax employs licensed tax attorneys, enrolled agents, Certified Public Accountants, and bankers. The staff consists of financial experts with specialties in 15 different branches who are truly worth every penny.
- Free consultation. If you are not sure whether Community Tax is the right choice for you, the free consultation the company offers is a great way to find out. There is no limit on what you can ask so take the opportunity to learn as much as you can about their various services and how they can benefit you.
- Good communication. A single case advisor is assigned as the lead on each case, allowing for direct one-on-one communication. Various methods of contact are supported, including phone, email, chat, mail, and in-person meetings.
- Tax resources. You can learn more about how to properly do taxes yourself using the tax form library, glossary, and instructions that Community Tax customers get access to.
Community Tax puts more than 130 licensed financial experts with experience in different fields at your disposal, providing an all-in-one solution to taxes for both private persons and businesses. Whether you are looking to get ahead on this year’s taxes or are struggling to pay back several thousand dollars in tax debt, you will find professional assistance here. Although the company has headquarters in Chicago, the possibility of remote communication makes them available to individuals and businesses struggling with state or federal tax all over the country. The impressive portfolio of professional services includes:
- Tax resolution. If you have a debt to settle with the IRS, you have more options than just payment or prosecution. Community Tax will investigate your case and get back to you with potential solutions which include options such as offers in compromise, installment agreements, stair step agreements, currently not collectible status, and more. Your case advisor will go over the alternatives available to you until you find a payment plan that suits you.
- Tax preparation. The best way to avoid the stress of filing your taxes is to have professionals do them for you. Community Tax has prepared and filed more than 80,000 tax returns, making them the true experts at the task.
- Tax assurance. If you’re worried about staying on top of your taxes, the year-round tax assurance program may be for you. The program includes a dedicated case advocate, priority servicing, digital storage for your tax forms, reminders and alerts about tax payments, free consultations, and a 20% discount on future resolution services.
- Accounting and bookkeeping. Small and medium businesses can greatly benefit from accounting and bookkeeping assistance from Community Tax. These services include transaction recording, income statement preparation, payroll, tax preparation, and customized projections and advice.
A professional full-service tax company does not come cheap. But even so, Community Tax prices fall on affordable side. It is not possible to tell exactly how much you will pay in advance because the cost is determined on a case-by-case basis and depends on the complexity of your tax situation. The initial investigation fee for these kind of services can run between $250 and $750. After that, you can expect the investigation expenses to set you back another $1,500-$8,000 and certain forms will cost extra. On average, clients pay around $2,500-$3,000 for these types of services. It would be best to contact Community Tax directly and get an estimation of the costs depending on your particular situation.
How it works
Contact Community Tax
Get a free consultation
Enjoy the best solution
Your dealings with Community Tax will typically start with a free consultation. This is your opportunity to ask any questions that you may have, vet the company, and decide whether they are the right fit for you. If you opt to hire them, you will move onto the next step of the process – information gathering. At this stage, you will provide your case advisor with information such as previous tax returns, bank statements, contacts with the IRS, and more. After the initial analysis of your case, your case advisor will also conduct an investigation with the IRS. Finally, once they have thoroughly examined your options, they will present you with possible resolutions so that you can choose the best solution for your situation.
If you are not already a customer, then you can contact Community Tax via phone and email or you can leave your contact information on their website and request that they call you back. They are open for enrollment Monday through Thursday from 8AM to 8PM, Fridays from 8AM to 6PM, and Saturdays from 9AM to 5PM. Customer service for existing customers is offered via phone Monday through Friday from 8AM to 6AM. You are, however, encouraged to contact your case advisor directly with any questions you may have. In one-on-one communication, you will be able to use different channels including phone, email, and in-person meetings.
Honestly, I don't have anything to compare this company to other than my failed attempts at negotiating with the IRS. That says a lot right there though. Community Tax obviously did something right to sway my decision to work with them. I regret having to pay anyone to help me deal with the IRS but that is our reality; you cannot work with them. They are steadfast in their pre-determined decisions and there is no swaying them. My interactions with the company were consistent. The staff were cordial and efficient. They did their parts then turned my case over to the lawyers who worked their magic with the IRS. The end result met my expectations going in vs. the manner in which the IRS proposed that I proceed. For that, I am grateful. Oh, my case worker left the company before my case was settled but another agent (Ryan Scott) jumped in and handled everything to my satisfaction. If you are looking for help with the IRS, you will have to get help. I recommend Community Tax as a reliable company to assist you.
Community Tax is a full-service tax company with more than a decade of experience. Their expert staff consists of more than 130 lawyers, bankers, and accountants; whoever your case advisor ends up being, you can count on them to bring a lot of knowledge to the table. The company offers a variety of tax services, including tax resolution, tax planning, and tax preparation. Businesses can also hire Community Tax for accounting and bookkeeping. These services are available all over the country. Excellent credentials, good communication, and plenty of different options for tax resolution make Community Tax a valuable partner for anyone struggling with their taxes. However, their assistance comes at a price. But if you can afford them, you won’t regret your choice.